Excuse Me !!!!

EXCUSE ME! 3rd World keyboards are not Pablo friendly, so excuse if you will grammar, punctuation, spelling, apostrophes, slang, sexual/drug innuendos, racially sensitive remarks and just otherwise general cantankerous nature of Pablo's mild mannered demeanor. Any offense taken is generally intended

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Oooom in Tulum

I MUST be having fun as its been two weeks now that I´ve been on the road without a post. In my defense there was some time in Cuba, an internet black hole, but other than that my excuses are paltry at best.

So in one breath I´m going to catch you up to date. and go...

I flew to Cancun, a ride with a friend to Tulum, stayed in grass hut with an outhouse on the beach with no electricity, got 437 1/2 mosquito bites (don´t ask where the 1/2 came from) went scuba diving in caves (cenotes,) until I got blisters on my toers from the fins, fell in love with the woman of my dreams, made out with her on the beach under the stars with the waves lapping at our feet, danced the night away, got the old "Let´s just be friends" *deep sigh* Flew to Cuba toured Havana bought a box of Partagas Series D no.5 cigars went scuba diving at Maria la Gorda (One of Jacque Costeaus top ten in the world) blazed through Cuba on a whirlwind tour in a chinese made rental car at a 160 kph, saw Vinales, Vardadero, Trinidad and Playa Giron, hit a buzzard, got a camera ticket (REALLY?), bribed the cop, happened on a "End of Summer Party" which was madness in Santa Clara toured the Che Guavara Monument and the Bay of Pigs museum, which was fascinating BTW flew back to Tulum rented a car drove to Chichen Itza and am currently resting at a really cool hostel recommended by a really hot chick who may just be more than just a friend after all.. 

And with that you´ve been caught up, I bid you adieu... 

I know what you´re thinking, you´re thinking "Wait Pablo, we want the rich history and vibrant story telling  in the time honored Pablo fashion.." I hear you, I do. So let me start at the beginning or shortly after, lets say in Tulum...

For those of you not in the "yoga know," Tulum is rapidly becoming an international yoga tourism destination. On the Yucatan Peninsula, two hours south of Cancun, Tulum is a sleepy little town with temperatures in the 90´s and humidity in mid 70´s.  My friend Paula moved here some months ago to teach Yoga and has had Cameron Diaz, Heather Graham and Kate Bosworth in her classes. Now that the Americans have discovered it prices are sure to triple. Tulum has two parts, the pueblo just off the main road, and the beach 5 kilometers west. The beach has no electricity and everything is solar or wind or generator.  It looks a little something this...

Hurricane Food

Arriving at my little shanty, I failed to notice the lack of electricty. Not that I REALLY care one way or the other, but being the gagging snore-a-saurus that I am, I´ve come to depend heavily on a CPAP machine for a good nights sleep. Whats more, my recovering, but still a bit delicate health has come to depend heavily on a good nights sleep for a good next day.
Couldnt It Be Healing WITH Electricity?

After a night in Paula´s Hammock and an extention cord later I settled in to what was really a fantastic view of the most beautiful beach in the world.

Anyone Got a Light?
All the lighting is with candles which makes for a very pretty scene but a little hard to see. Heres what it looks like from the other direction.

What do you call the really small moscas? Mosquitos...

Now I know what youre thinking, its something along the lines of, "Now Pablo, we all know youre a bit of an extreme guy, are you trying to say you went all the Mexico for Yoga?"

No, I didnt. Because Tulum is also known for Scuba Diving in Cenotes, or the caves that are formed by the rain runoff through the limestone over the centuries. It looks a little something like this...

Heres Pablita Doing Her Best Seal Imitation

Stalag-whatevers

Heres the View From Below

And From Below-er

Now, I dont know what youre thinking but Im thinking for only my 5th through 9th dive after getting certified as opposed to certifiable, thats a little extreme.

We also did a reef dive which was pretty incredible even though the visibility wasnt up to Tulum standards due the recent hurricane. Its the same reef as Cozumel.

Swim Like the Minnow You Are!

Later we met up with some new friends and divers from Spain. I will neither confirm nor deny that some partying took place

Apasiuate Sonso...

And theres more to the story in Tulum, but since Ive never been one to kiss and tell Ill save it for another blog gone day. After all Ive already wasted enough of your employers time.

Next up Pablo and Pabla in Cuba... and with that I truly do-bid-you-adieu....

No comments:

Post a Comment